Today I turn twenty-five - and before you ask what I'm doing writing a blog on my birthday, I actually wrote this blog on Friday - right now I am most likely being treated to breakfast in bed or am on an Easter egg hunt, well I can only hope so anyway!
It's not every day you turn a quarter of a century old & it got me thinking of all the wonderful things I've achieved in my life, places I've been, experiences I've had, opportunities I've been given and the people that complete my life & bring me so much happiness. So I thought I would write a list of 25 things I want to do within the next quarter of a century. Yes by now you should know I'm a bit of a goal-setter, planner and dreamer ;)
And because I am a photographer, this blog should have some photos...so here's 25 photos of yours truly to accompany the list (cringe-worthy ones included!)
1. See more of the world, including a cruise in Europe & an African safari.
2. Turn my passion into a career.
3. Win an award with my photography.
4. Stay up all night & watch the sun rise.
5. Live without my cell phone for at least a week.
6. Learn & practice yoga.
7. Live overseas.
8. Overcome my fear of public speaking & speak at an event with confidence.
9. Help make someone's dream come true.
10. Get a tattoo.
11. Ride a horse along a beach in the surf just like they do it in the movies.
12. Spend a ridiculous amount of money on one item of fashion.
13. Have my photography published in a magazine.
14. Dance in the rain.
15. Spend a Christmas & New Year's Eve in New York.
16. Get my eyes lasered (no more glasses!)
17. Sleep under the stars.
18. Buy a piece of artwork.
19. Ride in a race car.
20. Renew our wedding vows.
21. Learn to be alone & enjoy my own company.
22. Buy no vegetables for a season & grow all my own.
23. Write a book.
24. Fly first class.
25. Teach/mentor & inspire people.
Phew! So there it is.
Here's to another 25 years of life, ticking these things off the list & taking thousands of photos to remember it all by! Happy Easter to all.xxx